Cold Laser Therapy sends specific therapeutic wavelengths of light deep into your tissues to facilitate healing at a cellular level. The effects of these wavelengths travel further than conventional heat therapies, including ultrasound.
By using light of differing wavelengths, we can provide pain relief and healing to wherever it is needed - superficially, deep, or in between.
Does it hurt? No. There is no heat emitted from a cold laser!
The healing effects of Cold Laser Therapy appear to occur remarkably fast. Patients report immediate relief, even after their first treatment.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy (CLT)
- Increased Cell Growth: Laser wavelengths accelerate cellular reproduction and growth.
- Increased Metabolic Activity: Laser therapy increases production of specific enzymes while increasing oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells. This results in greater production of the basic energy source for our cells, Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP).
- Faster Wound Healing: Cold laser treatment stimulates fibroblast development, accelerating collagen synthesis in damaged tissue - a key stage in healing.
- Anti-Inflammatory Action: Laser treatment reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Increased Vascular Activity: Laser treatment temporarily increases vasodilation,
increasing blood flow to effected areas.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser wavelengths reduce scar tissue formation that normally occurs
after tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or surgery.
- Stimulated Nerve Function: Laser treatment increases the process of nerve cell growth to bring numb areas back to life.
What conditions can be treated with a cold laser?
- Acute and chronic pain
- Strains and sprains
- Back and neck pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Soft tissue injuries
- Tennis and Golfer's elbow
- ...and much more